Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hair Care Routine (Requested Post!)


Hair Care Routine

Hey there, lovelies! It's been a very long time since I've done a beauty post, and I've definitely missed making them. Since I started blogging, the most asked question I've gotten is about my hair care routine, so here you go! 

1. My go to shampoo and conditioner lately that I've been loving is dry bar Sake Bomb Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner. It's a great duo for hair that needs a little extra moisture and hydration, and it's safe for color treated hair so that's a plus! Not to mention, the smell is amazing. 

2. I don't like to weigh my hair down with lots of products like mouse, gel, or hairspray, but one product I do use after washing and conditioning my hair is this Aquage Silkening Oil Treatment. I towel dry my hair a little, and then apply one and a half pumps of the oil from the roots to the end of my hair. I focus mostly on the ends, and only use the oil on my roots sparingly.

3. While I'm in the shower, after I've conditioned, I like to finger comb my hair to get the majority of the tangles out. Once I've towel dried my hair and applied the oil treatment, I comb out the remaining tangles with a wide tooth comb. Do not tug or yank your hair! Being rough with your hair causes breakage, and nobody wants that. 

4. I've talked about my love for coconut oil in the past. It really is a little miracle in a jar. I do not use coconut oil everyday on my hair. I probably only use it about once a month, or whenever my hair begins feeling extra dry or brittle. I heat up a little bit in a bowl (it's solid at room temperature) and apply it from about my ears down to the ends of my hair. I leave it on for about an hour and then do my normal shampoo and conditioner routine. 

I should probably mention that I do not wash my hair everyday. I only wash it about twice a week. I naturally have dry, wavy hair and so my hair does not get oily as quickly as some people's hair does. Whenever I notice my hair looking a little flat or limp, I spray in some dry shampoo and that takes care of that!

I hope that answered any questions you guys had about my hair care! As always, thank you for stopping by, and I hope you all have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment