Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Life Lately



It's been awhile. No, really. It's been a long while, and I'm just a little bit ashamed/in awe of how long I've gone without blogging. In the almost month since I've been gone, a few things have happened.


I began my new job. I now work in the merchandising department for a major retailer in the southeast.

I became accustomed to some crazy new hours. Seriously, I wake up a little after 6:00am every morning and don't get home until around 6:00 in the evenings. That took some adjusting, and my coffee intake has definitely increased.

I joined the iPhone world! I know, I'm late to the party, but I'm settling in nicely so far.

I went through a break up--if you could even call it. Point is, I've reclaimed my spot in the single world. Still trying to figure out how I feel about it.

I slowly but surely have been revamping my wardrobe. My old job was all pencil skirts, blazers, and panty hose (ew). My new job is way more laid back. Seriously, I see kimonos on a daily basis. Now I feel like I can finally dress in my style. I'm getting rid of clothes I hope I'll never have to wear again and replacing them with clothes I actually enjoy wearing. It's a pleasant change.

I'm steadily reverting back to life pre-boyfriend. I am now able to devote more time to things I have neglected in the past few months. It's a change--not having a constant someone to talk to and go places with--but I can't say I hate it. Change is just change. It brings both good and bad with it. I've adjusted before. I know I can do it again.

MM

2 comments:

  1. Eeep glad you're back Marshall! And hey, I'm totally guilty of a blog break too (4 months this spring...yikes!) But sometimes you need it! Life gets a little crazy and of course bloggers and readers definitely understand! Congrats on the job and I can't wait to start reading again! P.S. I'm dying over your hair!

    Emily | www.emilyanddot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! Sometimes breaks really are needed!

      Delete