Sunday, February 23, 2014

February Favorites

How is it that February is almost over?! I swear, this month has flown by! I know it's a short month and all, but still. Oh well, we are that much closer to spring, and I can totally deal with that. Here's some things I have been loving this month.

1. The Walking Dead 
Yes, my beloved show returned this month, and I am loving it! I'm just waiting for some more Daryl action ;)

2. Coconut Oil
I've been using this stuff for a while, but only ever as a hair mask. However, this winter my skin has been horribly dry, like worse than normal. I'm talking alligator scales dry, and most moisturizers break my skin out, so I haven't had many options. Then I remembered I had this, and oh my gosh I swear this works miracles. I put it on my lips every night as well as on any dry patches I have, and the next morning my skin is so much more hydrated. It actually sinks into my skin instead of just sitting on the surface like other oils I've tried.

3. Philosophy Body Wash
This scent is my favorite of the Philosophy Body Washes. It smells ahhmazing! Do you remember that L'Oreal Kid's Shampoo shaped like a fish? The watermelon one? Well, it smells like that but better! And this body wash doesn't give me bumps, and it's actually pretty hydrating, which I could always use.

4. MAC Lipstick in Twig
This satin finished lipstick has been my go to lipstick this past month. It's the perfect pinkish brown. It looks kind of like my natural lip color, only darker. From all the swatches I've seen, it appears to show up differently on everyone. I also love that it's a satin finish so it doesn't dry my lips out!

5. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle
I love, love, LOVE this highlighter. It's amazing. I can't believe I haven't used it before now! This champagne gold highlighter is perfect for cheekbones, brow bones, cupids bow, inner corner of the eyes, bridge of the nose...it's just perfect! And it's subtle enough that I can use it everyday, and I not look like a disco ball. 

What were some of your favorites this month? 
xoxo





6 comments:

  1. I ADORE The Walking Dead!!!! Cannot wait for it to start over here in South Africa again! Envious you got it first :)

    Cocolat - whoops... that was supposed to say coconut but I have chocolate on the brain in seems haha - coconut oil is incredible. Love you Feb favs! xx

    New follower on GFC and Bloglovin xxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TWD! It's absolutely my favorite show!

      Thanks for following! I love your blog as well.

      Delete
  2. I love the walking dead! It definitely keeps me on the edge of my seat!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I know. I swear, I almost have a heart attack every single week.

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many good things about coconut oil but I never knew what to use it for. I might need to pick up a jar the next time I see it. What kind of hair mask do you make with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when I'm feeling lazy (which is 9 times out of 10) I just heat up the coconut oil (because it's solid at room temp) and apply the oil straight to my hair and leave it on for about an hour and then wash it out. But for actual masks, you can mix coconut oil and olive oil, or coconut oil and raw honey together and then put that on your hair! That stuff works wonders for my dry hair.

      Delete