Sunday, March 9, 2014

DC and Virginia Road Trip

I know, I know...it's been forever since I've made a post! On Tuesday, my job hosted a major event that took up a lot of my time, and then on Wednesday, I left to go on a road trip with one of my best friends to DC. Needless to say, after an 8 hour drive today, I'm a wee bit exhausted.

I wish I could say my trip to DC was incredibly amazing, but sadly that wasn't the case. My friend got a speeding ticket on the way up there, and then while in the metro her wallet got stolen. So those two things put a bit of a damper on the trip, but getting to see one of our good friends from college definitely made up for it! While I was there, we went to the National Zoo and did a tour of the Capitol. We had both been to DC before on school field trips, so on this trip we decided not to tour all of the tourist attractions again. Instead, we hung out with friends and just took in the city.

My first meal after getting to DC. It was delicious!

The panda was straight chowing down on that bamboo.

The flamingos were my favorite animal at the zoo, but they were incredibly loud!

The Capitol Building on a chilly Friday morning. 

I really wanted to ride the Carousel on the Mall, but my friend wouldn't let me because it was so cold. Bummer.

I'm not even going to lie...I don't know what building this is. I just thought it was pretty :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend! 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm from VA, but I've only been to DC 4-5 times. I know that's crazy, but I live 2 hours away and I'm not a huge fan of the city. The shopping is great, but there's so much traffic, and Northern VA is so different than the rest of VA (aka I'm not a fan haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first went in 10th grade, I hated it haha. This time was a little better, but it's still not a place I enjoy all that much. It's just not really my type of city. I just felt way too anxious while I was there, but I really enjoyed the food and the cutesy shops. And I totally get what you mean about different parts of VA! I used to visit one of my friends in Roanoke, and I loved it there. But this time I went to the Fairfax area, and it was definitely different...haha.

      Delete