Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Summer Makeup Must Haves

Summer Makeup Must Haves



Disclaimer: I do not wear ALL of these products everyday in the summer. Some days I wear more, some days I wear less. It just depends on what I'm going to be doing that day.

In the summer, I don't like to wear very much makeup so I definitely keep it simple even if I'm heading off to a lunch date or to the office. I love this MAC concealer because it can be doubled as a foundation. I dab a very small amount under my eyes and on some problem areas, then I blend it out with the beauty blender to achieve that dewy finish. I set the concealer with my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Natural and sweep a small amount all over my face to keep any shininess at bay. Next I go in with my new favorite matte bronzer, Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced, and buff it under my cheekbones, along my nose, and a bit along my temples. I'm not going for the whole contoured look. More so, just a sun-kissed glow. To finish up the face, I sweep some coral blush on the apples of my cheeks. 

For the summer, I like to keep my eye look simple. I prefer eye palettes, like the Naked 3, and usually use a total of three shadows--two for a blended eye shadow look, and one for a liner. My go to combo with the Naked 3 is a sweep of the bronze color, Trick, along my lid and then I buff in the matte taupe color Limit into the crease. Lastly, I go in with the light brown shimmer color, Factory, and line my upper lid and blend whatever is left on the liner brush into my lower lash line. Next I curl my stick straight lashes with my all time favorite Sephora lash curler and apply my favorite mascara (I'm most fond of those that give a doll-like look). Lastly, I apply a lip product that doesn't dry out my lips, like the Sugar Lip Tints by fresh. I've always just used the original Rose color, but they now have a variety of colors to choose from. And that's it!

What are some of your summer makeup must haves?

2 comments:

  1. I still to get my hands on the naked 3 palette.
    I wear minimal make up cos living in indonesia everything seems to slide off your face.
    I do like a great pop of color on my lips

    xo
    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Naked 3 is my favorite Naked palette. I understand about makeup sliding off. SC is so humid, some days it's not even worth it haha

      Delete