Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pen to Paper

As some of you may know, I graduated college with an English major and Art History minor. My biggest dream in life is to be a writer, preferably a novelist. I know, I know. That's so cliche and far-fetched, blah, blah, blah. Whatever. It's my dream. In college, I obviously wrote pretty much all day every day (hello, English major status), but since graduating I've kind of gotten out of the habit, and it's become harder and harder for me to get back into the groove of writing everyday. Needless to say, I haven't entered any writing competitions since graduation. I'm sure my Creative Writing teachers would have a cow if they knew.

Here's the paragraph that actually let's you know what this post is about, but hey, if you read that useless back story, then good for you. Props. Tessa Hall, is the writer of one of my new favorite blogs and the author of the novel Purple Moon, which I have yet to read but is definitely on my list. She does a Monday Minute Challenge each week, which is a writing challenge that helps writers work on their creativity. It's a fun challenge that's not serious at all but is actually really helpful. Last week, I entered for the first time and won Honorable Mention! If you enjoy writing or if you're in need of weekly writing prompts, then I suggest you give Tessa's writing challenge a try!








No comments:

Post a Comment