Thursday, April 3, 2014

Morning Beauty Routine

My morning skin care routine is super short and super easy for two reasons:
a.) Finding products that are effective but don't break my uber sensitive skin out is practically a miracle.
b.) I'm not a morning person, and I like my sleep. I hit the snooze button at least 6 times every morning, so 9 times out of 10 I'm running late.

I love trying new skincare products and researching what works for my skin type, but more often than not the products I try are a miss. So I'm beyond overjoyed when I find something that works for my skin. Overall, I have clear skin, thanks to my dermatologist I've gone to since I was 16 and genetics, but my skin is very dry, and if you haven't caught on by now, super sensitive. At the moment, these products are working wonders on my skin after this harsh winter we had. I'm sure my bipolar skin will freak out come summer time, and I'll have to switch up my routine again but as of now this is what's working for me.

Step 1: I wash my face in the morning with raw organic honey. I just wet my face, squirt out a little honey, and massage it into my face like I would any cleanser. I then rinse with cool water and voila! Soft and clean skin. If you want to read up on the benefits of using honey as a cleanser, then check out this post.

Step 2: I apply Tarte Maracuja C-Brightener Eye Treatment. I've only been using this eye cream for about a week. I used to use this. So far, I really like it. It's very moisturizing and does a good job of making me look alive and bright eyed in the mornings.

Step 3: Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester 15. I then apply this cream all over my face, focusing mainly on my forehead and around my mouth area. Vitamin C is great for anti-aging. It's supposed to brighten, get rid of dark spots, help with fine lines, diminish redness...the list goes on and on. If you don't know about the powers of Vitamin C, then I highly suggest you do a little research because it's great.

Step 4: I've been using Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer since I was a teenager and my dermatologist told me to buy it. I love it because it's very gentle, and it contains an SPF of 15. It absorbs into my skin really quickly and doesn't make my face red. I have a problem with moisturizers breaking me out and burning my skin. Every time I try a new one, I always end up going back to this one. It's definitely my holy grail moisturizer.

So there it is. Like I said, super quick and easy. I'm always looking for suggestions for skincare. So if you have any favorite products, send them over this way!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about people's different beauty routines! I absolutely love Tarte and have tried a lot of their products. The honey trick sounds interesting, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think beauty posts may be my favorite. I haven't used many tarte products, but all the ones I've used I've loved.

      Delete