Thursday, January 23, 2014

Favorite Hair Care Products

Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner// here and here

Alterna Caviar Repair RX Instant Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner// here and here


Aquage Silkening Oil Treatment// sold at salons or here


Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo// here

I've always wished I had the type of hair that $5.99 shampoo and conditioner from the drug store could handle, but sadly that is not the case. I have dry, wavy/curly color treated hair that has a tendency to frizz or fall flat at the hint of moisture. Bottom line: it can be a major pain. It's taken me years, and I do mean years to find products that leave my hair soft, shiny, HEALTHY, and frizz free. I've tried drug store, salon products, beauty guru favorites, the no shampoo method...I feel like I've tried everything. So when my mom stole my Living Proof sample that I received from Sephora and raved about it, I knew it couldn't hurt to give it a try. Needless to say, it was a keeper.

My stroke of good luck with hair products kind of had a domino effect after that. Around that time, I started going to a new stylist at a new salon. After my blowout, she used the Aquage Silkening Oil Treatment on my hair. It made my hair silky without feeling gummy. I was sold. When I first started going to my stylist, she mentioned that my hair felt dry and had a lot of dead ends, but now after using Living Proof products, and switching them out with my Alterna products, she now comments on how healthy my hair is. No split ends and no brittleness! 

I'm not going to lie, Alterna and Living Proof are pricey products, and overwashing your hair is actually damaging (go figure). So I try to only wash my hair twice a week, and yes I still bathe everyday haha. In order to skip out on washing my hair everyday, I used my Batiste dry shampoo when I need it. It soaks up oil, gives me volume, and makes my hair smell fresh. 

So these are the products that work for me, and I am so glad I finally found them! What are your favorite hair care products?

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment