Friday, January 31, 2014

Macarons and Modern Family Lead to College Life Nostalgia


It's Friday night, and I'm sitting at home on my couch with my mother watching Modern Family, eating macarons, and sipping peppermint tea. And all I can think about is how my post grad weekends compared to my college weekends are laughable. Seriously, it's like an article straight from Buzzfeed with lots of Bridesmaids GIFs. No seriously, here it is.While I love Modern Family and pastries and tea, I miss going out! These post grad woes are bubbling up and spilling over mainly due to my Instagram feed tonight. Heavily filtered pictures of my friends at a birthday party. Slightly blurred images, beer bottles in the bottom hand corners, and the sorority girl pose (boobs out and hand on your hip!). I miss my friends. I miss living .5 seconds away from all my favorite people. I miss Trivia night on Wednesdays and Margaritas on Thursday. I miss those God awful Frat Houses that always smelled like puke. I miss having a life.

Is this post grad depression? I think it is. Some days it's not so bad. I like my jobs (kinda), and I don't mind living at home (for now), but I majorly dislike not having any friends in this hobunk town. It takes me over an hour to get to any of my friends, and even longer for the ones I like the most. Post grad life is not all it's cracked up to be. If you want to stop reading now, I don't blame you. After all, there is not going to be any silver lining to this post. It's really just your old fashioned pity party. But I'll tell you this, if you are still in college, live it up. Those 4 years (or more) go by really quickly, and once you're out, there's going to be those times where you'll give anything (well, not anything) to go back.

So tonight, I'm probably just going to upload this picture to Instagram with a heavily blurred filter and act like I'm having the time of my life.

6 comments:

  1. I love macaroons!

    Hahaha... blurred filter... #storyofmylife

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been out of college for two years now and it gets better! The hardest thing I still struggle with is that my three best friends all live far away. Over time you'll meet people, though, and get into a good groove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! And yeah, the hardest part so far is the long distance friendships. It's going to take a while to adjust.

      Delete
  3. Hope you cheer up misses. Maybe you just need some more time to get used to the next part of your life :)
    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some days I just get into a slump and need to vent :/

      Delete